Healthcare Literacy Program Available
The New River Valley Disability Resource Center wanted to share some information about an exciting pilot program we are launching in April 2023, in Giles and Pulaski Counties!
Eligible residents, with a disability, of Giles County and Pulaski County will learn to use iPads to access healthcare resources safely, improve technology and communication skills, and decrease social isolation. Each of these participants (10 from each county) will receive an iPad after completing 6 weekly, 1-hour technology training workshops. These workshops are designed to provide individualized support, with the goal of maximizing understanding of, and access to, necessary health services.
Improving Health Literacy Through Technology Program:
Empowering people with disabilities to gain better access to healthcare!
● Only for residents of Giles and Pulaski Counties.
● Must have a disability.
● Application deadline is April 7th, 2023.
● Participants will be informed of acceptance by April 14th, 2023.
● Workshops start Friday, April 21st, 2023.
● Transportation will be provided, if required (Giles Health & Family Center).
● Location Sites:
– Dublin Library – Fridays (starting April 21st) at 10 – 11am
– Pearisburg Public Library – Fridays (starting April 21st) at 2 – 3pm
● Applications are available:
– By phone (540-266-1435) assisted by an NRV DRC staff member
– Online at the NRV Disability Resource Center website (www.nrvdrc.org)
– Upon request through emailing email@example.com
– At the Pearisburg and Dublin libraries (offering paper copies and assistance)