Wind advisory until noon today
* Hazards…Strong winds are expected to blow some trees down and possibly power lines.
* Winds…South 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing…Through noon Monday.
* Impacts…A few trees and tree limbs could be blown down and result in power outages.
* Locations…The higher elevations of the mountains and foothills of North Carolina, into the Mountain Empire region of southwest Virginia, and southern West Virginia.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be 31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra caution until the winds subside.