Wind Advisory until 8 pm Thursday
WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THURSDAY.
* Locations…Along either side of the Blue Ridge from the High Country of North Carolina to the Alleghany Highlands of Virginia.
* Hazards…Strong wind gusts.
* Winds…West 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing…Tonight through the day Thursday.
* Impacts…Potential for downed trees and power lines. Winds this strong can also make travel difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Wind chill values above 3500 feet will be from around zero to 10 above zero late tonight.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be 31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra caution until the winds subside.