Wind advisory through 4 pm Tuesday
WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 4 PM EST TUESDAY.
* Locations…Along the Blue Ridge.
* Hazards…Strong wind gusts.
* Winds…Northwest 20 to 30 with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing…Late tonight through Tuesday with the strongest winds early Tuesday morning.
* Impacts…These winds may down small trees or tree limbs…as well as power lines. Loose outdoor objects should be secured. Winds this strong can make travel difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be 31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra caution until the winds subside.