Wind Advisory this afternoon into tomorrow
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 11 AM EDT Friday.
* Winds…Northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph later this afternoon into Friday morning.
* Timing…Today into Friday morning.
* Impacts…Strong wind combined with heavy rain may cause downed trees and power outages.
* Locations…Southwest Virginia mountains and foothills.
* Hazards…Strong wind gusts.
This wind advisory is for wind gusts up to 40 mph combined with wet grounds to uproot trees. Be prepared for possible power outages.