Wind Advisory for Wednesday into Thursday
Wind Advisory Remains in effect from 11 am Wednesday to 8 am Thursday.
* Locations…Near and along the Blue Ridge from the northwest North Carolina mountains, and southwest Virginia from Grayson County northeast to Roanoke County.
* Hazards…Strong wind gusts.
* Winds…West to Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph.
* Timing…Late Wednesday morning through early Thursday morning.
* Impacts…Possible downed weaker trees, especially those weakened by recent heavy wet snows and prior wind storms.
Isolated to scattered power outages will be possible. High profile vehicles such as campers, recreational vehicles, and
large tractor-trailers will need to be alert for strong cross winds on north-south oriented roadways.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be 31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra caution until the winds subside.