Spring Cleanup will run April 10-23
This year’s Spring Cleanup will be held April 10-23. Each year, Christiansburg Public Works offers Spring and Fall Cleanup—free special collection events when residents may place out larger items for pickup.
Though special collection trucks follow regular garbage routes, cleanup may run behind trash collection schedules. Crews will collect all items that are placed out prior to April 23 but there may be delays. If your items have not been collected by May 1, please reach out to Public Works directly by calling (540) 382-1151.
To make it easier on our collection crews, please place cleanup items within 10 feet of the street pavement and separate them from your regular trash. Please do not block drainage ditches, gutters, sidewalks, water meters or sewer cleanouts. The Town is not responsible for any items left at or near the street that residents did not intend to have collected. Please note: piles that do not comply with cleanup rules will not be collected.
Please also separate materials by type (i.e. pile bagged leaves, tree limbs and trimmings separately). Loose materials must be placed in bags/containers not exceeding 32 gallons. Leaves must be bagged. There is no charge for items picked up during Spring Cleanup.
What items will the Town pick up?
- Appliances, including sinks and tubs (limit 2 per household)
- Passenger car & truck tires (limit 4 per household; no larger than 20-inches)
- Tire rims (no limit)
- Tree limbs, trimmings, brush
- Leaves (bagged only)
- Landscape timbers
- Paint cans and sealer cans (only if open and dry)
- Barrels/drums (only if dry, ends are removed and did not contain hazardous material)
- Railroad ties/timbers (limit 5 per household)
What items will NOT be picked up?
- Construction and demolition materials (including, but not limited to, wood, metal, concrete, stone, etc.)
- Heavy machinery
- Automobile parts
- Kerosene heaters
- Fuel oil tanks of any size
- Commercial truck, tractor/trailer tires
- Hazardous household wastes (such as paint, pesticides and cleaning chemicals)
- Tree/brush materials associated with land/lot clearing for construction
- Tree stumps
- Electronic components such as televisions and computers
You want to throw out an item not on the list. What should you do?
We are happy to help ensure all of your items are acceptable for pickup. Please call Public Works at 540-382-1151.
For a full list of accepted items, please visit www.christiansburg.org/cleanupFAQ.
Throughout the year, residents may also choose to set out their brush for monthly brush collection. Please visit www.christiansburg.org/brush to learn about our complimentary monthly brush collection service. NOTE: Brush collection will not run in April due to Spring Cleanup.