High Wind Watch Now a Warning
HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM EST SATURDAY.
* Locations…Along and either side of the Blue Ridge in Virginia and North Carolina.
* Hazards…Very strong to damaging northwest winds.
* Winds…Northwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 60 mph, or stronger at higher elevations.
* Timing…Starting this evening continuing into Saturday morning. Strongest winds late tonight through much of Friday.
* Impacts…Numerous downed trees and power outages likely. Minor structural damage possible. Winds this strong can also make travel difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph are likely to cause power outages…fallen trees… property damage…and dangerous driving conditions for high profile vehicles. Move unfastened items…such as garbage cans and deck furniture…indoors.