CAC Extends Hours July 6
Starting Monday, July 6, the Christiansburg Aquatic Center will be extending its hours of operation in accordance with Gov. Ralph Northam’s phase three. The Aquatic Center will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Appointments are still required and will be available in 60-minute increments. To make appointments, please visit www.christiansburg.org/covidoperations.
In this phase, the Aquatic Center will be introducing household family leisure swim, during which time families can reserve a portion of the leisure pool for themselves and up to five other household members, for up to 60 minutes. Household family leisure swim reservations must include at least one person who is 18 years of age or older, but children of any age are welcome to attend, as long as at least one adult is present.
Individual reservations will still be available for the therapy pool (18+ years of age, with some exceptions), leisure pool (16+, except in the instance of household family leisure swim), competition pool (16+) and cardio room (16+). The water park and slides will remain closed during this phase.
Also starting July 6, monthly memberships can be purchased. Individuals who make reservations to swim or exercise at the Aquatic Center can still purchase a $5 daily pass to do so, but now have the option to purchase a monthly membership. Please note that a monthly membership does not guarantee the ability to reserve facility time. Household family leisure swim will be $5 per family member or will be covered by a monthly family membership. Memberships can be purchased at www.christiansburg.org/register.
Individuals with reservations will be allowed to enter the Aquatic Center, using the main entrance, five minutes prior to the reservation period. Please maintain a physical distance from others of at least 10 feet at all times within the facility. Remember to come pre-showered and dressed to swim. Plan to towel dry and exit the building without showering or changing. Christiansburg Aquatic Center towels will not be available for use. Please bring your own towel.
The Aquatic Center is excited to offer FINS Summer Care for families this summer. With very limited space, FINS will be available for children ages 6-9 only. Due to current events and guidelines, spots are very limited. Operational changes have been addressed and made clear in the camp packet. Registration will be available (online only) and opens up weekly on Wednesdays. With very limited space, it is advised that you check our registration system for availability prior to filling out all necessary paperwork. Please visit www.christiansburg.org/register for more information.
Though swim lessons are permissible in phase three, in light of the physical distancing requirements still in place within the pool environment, the mask requirements inside the building, and taking the health and safety of both our patrons and staff into consideration, the Christiansburg Aquatic Center will not be offering swim lessons during phase three at this time.
To read specifics about adjusted operations and additions during this phase, please visit www.christiansburg.org/covidoperations.
As we all continue to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we ask that you please continue to practice good infection control by:
- Staying home as much as possible, especially if you are at higher risk of serious illness. If you are out in public, wear a cloth face covering;
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Avoiding contact with sick people;
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces;
- Practicing social distancing;
- Avoiding close contact with crowds of any size.
Should you feel ill, please follow the guidelines outlined below:
- CALL your health care provider or your local health department (do not go to the emergency room).
- The New River Health District has activated a local public health hotline at 540-267-8240, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. – noon; Sunday, noon – 4 p.m.
- Virginia Department of Health (VDH) also has a public health hotline at 877-ASK-VDH3, available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Call 2-1-1 Virginia.