Broadband initiative advanced
Since launching an initiative to address the broadband needs throughout Montgomery County and the City of Radford, in March of 2019, the County and City have selected a proposal from Thompson and Litton who collaborated with a regional telecommunications and broadband company, Blue Ridge Advisory Services, Inc.
Together, the two companies will:
• assess current broadband coverage gaps;
• assess existing resources;
• propose an overall broadband plan;
• provide cost analysis of proposed projects;
• analyze cooperative projects; and
• create a sample RFP (request for proposals) for a public-private partnership.
Blue Ridge Advisory Services has assisted with several other broadband initiatives in Virginia communities to include, Bristol, the
Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority, and the Rockbridge Area Network Authority.