Beans and Rice Update
Based on CDC recommendations and actions taken by state and local officials, Beans and Rice, Inc.’s weekly food distribution will be delivered using modified operating procedures until further notice. These new operating procedures follow the principle of social distancing and are designed to limit person to person contact.
We appreciate everyone’s understanding and cooperation as we protect the safety and health of both those we serve and our workforce.
At this time we have suspended our standard group distribution operating procedures. Reclaimed food will be distributed individually by appointment only.
Existing Food Distribution Participants
1. Use Remind.com to sign in virtually.
2. Use the link provided in Remind.com text to complete our sign in survey.
3. Receive a second text linking to our appointment calendar.
4. Pick an open appointment time on March 17th or 18th.
5. If you have difficulty using text and Remind to sign in, text us and we will reach out by phone.
6. Come to our office at 1608 West Main Street, Radford, VA promptly at your scheduled time.
7. Do not arrive early or late.
8. Stay in your vehicle and text us when you have arrived. No walk-in traffic will be permitted.
9. Staff/volunteers will direct you to parking areas and note any dietary restrictions, needs, and preferences
10. Staff and volunteers will make selections based on your preferences and bring packed boxes to your vehicle.
11. If you are a Willow Woods resident w/o transportation, pick up appointments at the community room will be available.
New Food Distribution Sign Ups
1. New sign up participants include any individual who has not attended since June 30, 2019.
2. Contact us by email (email@example.com), FB messenger, or phone (540-980-4111).
3. We will collect application information over the phone or electronically.
4. Wait for Beans and Rice, Inc. to provide you with an available starting attendance date.