12/13: Christiansburg Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting
The Town of Christiansburg presents the 2019 Christmas Parade and Annual Tree Lighting on Friday, December 13, 2019 in downtown Christiansburg, VA.
• 6:30 pm: Sapphire Ballroom Holiday Flash Dance Mob
• 6:45 pm: Annual Tree Lighting
• 7:00 pm: Christmas Parade starts
This year’s parade theme is “Presents and Holly for Christmas Jolly”. You can also expect a special surprise at the tree lighting ceremony which will take place in Town Square.
Sapphire Ballroom will be coordinating a flash dance mob before the parade at 6:30 pm. If you would like to participate, please visit this website for more details.
The parade will begin near the intersection of Main Street and Pepper Street and end at the intersection of Radford Street and College Street.
Please note that Hickok Street will be closed at 10:00 am and there will be no parking on Main Street after noon on Monday, December 17th.
The complete list of streets and intersections affected by the parade:
· The length of Main Street between Park Street and Radford Road will be closed to traffic during the parade.
· Main Street from Franklin Street to Park Street will close at 5:30 pm for parade entrant staging.
The staging area will also include:
· Roanoke Street from Main Street to First Street.
· Pepper Street from First Street to Hill Street.
· The municipal parking lot in front of Town Hall.
· The parking lot between Pepper Street and Roanoke Street behind the Courthouse.
These intersections will be closed to through traffic at 5:30 pm:
· Main Street (between Park Street and Franklin Street)
· Colhoun Street & Main Street
· Montague Street & Main Street
In case of inclement weather, the rain date will be Monday, December 16th.
The Christiansburg Farmers’ Market will hold its annual Christmas at the Market event from 4:00-8:00 pm.