Published on Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:33
Written by NRVNews
SEEDS-Blacksburg Nature Center upcoming Saturday programs. Hours: 9am - 1pm, Programs 10:30am - 12:30pm Price House, 107 Wharton St. SE. Parking in our driveway, on Wharton St., Clay Street and Church Street
SEEDS’ mission is to promote kids’ love for learning and to grow future leaders through outdoor nature education, discovery learning, and civic awareness. SEEDS have been in Blacksburg for 17 years! https://www.facebook.com/blacksburgnaturecenter
Be a SEEDS Kid! Summer camp and program themes and dates are posted at http://www.seedskids.org/summer.html
. Saturday, March 10
Canine, feline, and bears…oh my! Debut new additions to our local wildlife exhibits. Saturday, March 17
Wonderful water. Blacksburg’s watersheds - The Freshwater Heritage of Blacksburg.
- kids’ activities with the EnviroScape, crafts, learn the life of a drop of rain!
- things SEEDS Kids have done in past summers to protect watersheds
- things you can do to protect watersheds
- two-block walk to our local spring, one of Blacksburg’s first sources of water Saturday, March 24
“Unless”… our Lorax day.
Join us for a celebration spring and the original Lorax with:
- two story readings and a screening of the original 25-minute animated film
- Lorax games, Lorax coloring & decorations, and a special Lorax Cake!
- make our very own Truffula Tree at the Nature Center
So, bring your brown barbaloots (really…bring them with you) and Find the “humming fish” in our pond. Don’t forget to bring your camera for photos in our “Unless” circle.